Friday, April 2, 2021

I got a bike!

 


So I have spent months looking around online for a bike that would hold someone of my size (weight and height) and my search is finally over! There is a company called Zize Bikes that offers bikes built to hold people of bigger size. Most bike companies have a weight limit of 200 lbs and are not made for tall people.  Zize Bikes sell bicycles for people up to 7 feet tall and 550 lbs!  They are literally the only company in the world that offers this and seeing as I am 6'9" and around 380 lbs, this is perfect for me! They are a bit pricey, but if what they offer is really true, I would say it's worth it.  So yeah... I have no idea how long it will take to get here but at least it's been ordered!

I have some ideas about things I'd like to do... for starters... I haven't been on a bike in probably 30 years or so... that, and I haven't exercised in years either.  So I thought about making videos and uploading them to YouTube. I know it won't be for everyone but I had the idea to just show me as I am now.. being out of shape.. and getting out there and doing something about it! I figure if I make videos and actually get people to tune in.. it would hold me accountable in a way... like use it as a way to motivate myself. Knowing people are watching and waiting for new content so I'll have to get up off my ass and actually get out there and do it!  Honestly I got the idea for this from watching Ethan Suplee tell his story of HIS weight loss and it started with riding a bike.  I just got inspired by his story and saw how far he has come.. I'd love to go down that same path and maybe I could help inspire other people... so yeah.. that's the plan!

I started a brand new YouTube channel for this idea and I'm currently trying to get people to subscribe so when I get out and do this, they'll be able to tune in right away.  That, and I need 100 subscribers to be able to personalize my channel. So the more people at the start the better. I don't have content as of writing this, but it'll be coming soon.  I don't know if anyone actually reads my blog here, but if anyone does? I'd appreciate the sub! This is my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChQzYrbmQVUEKHEcR-VcLeA

So yeah... this is going to be my new thing. I'm tired of sitting around doing nothing and watching my life pass me by.  I do have heart problems and a part of me worries about becoming more active... Heart problems run in my family.. it's what killed both my Mom and my Grandpa... so yeah... genetics are kind of a bitch, but what can ya do.  I'm trying to remain optimistic about all this.. I figure hey.. if I get out there and it kills me, at least I can say I died trying to better my life!  I know sitting around doing jack shit surely isn't doing me any favors. So yeah.. it's time for a change... and change is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment