Saturday, October 9, 2021

So begins relearning how to play guitar!

 

I finally got both my guitar and amp delivered and so begins relearning how to play! I got them both set up and went to start playing only to realize that I have forgotten everything I used to know how to play! I mean granted it's been a good 12 years or so since I last picked up a guitar so it's somewhat understandable. Guitar has been out of my life for well over a decade now. My fingertips are sore and I feel like i've literally picked up the guitar for the very first time. I am a complete noob all over again... lol!! Hey, it's all good though... I mean you have to practice to retain the knowledge, if you don't play at all.. it goes away! So I guess you could say I am back to being a beginner! In some ways, it's exciting because it's really like starting over fresh. I just have to put the time into it to get better and try to get back to the level of playing I used to be at. For now? I'm tinkering away and going to attempt to relearn songs that I used to play all the time. I'm choosing to look at it like a new adventure... a new chapter of my life! I'm looking forward to relearning what I used to know. So it begins! Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment